Saturday 6 October 2012

WHAT.THE.FLIP?!?!


Hello dear friends!

I have missed this ever so much and have thought of this space often. My struggles are ever present, though I feel I am winning today (yay!)

Much has been happening.

Work, surprise baby showers, more work, seeing family and friends, weekends and mini get aways in Melbourne (oh how I adore that town!)

Possibly my biggest news however is that I won an amazing award. The word amazing doesn't even do it justice. I am still flipping out that it is even happening to me.

I shall explain. Each year my workplace has two product roadshows for the store managers to attend. We get flown to Melbs to their head office and see all the new product that will be coming that season, have meetings etc. At the end of financial year roadshow an annual awards night is held where store managers and team members are recognised for their achievements.
There is also an annual competition held, with different categories you can win in.
The prize is an overseas trip.

I fucking won in my category.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for cursing, but holy fuck! Is crazy.
I totes deserved it, but thought for sure that I would lose out because stuff like that doesn't happen to me. There I was, all prepared to lose and ready for the disappointment. Such a positive thinker I am haha.

My store won company wide. That's out of like a hundred and something stores. Won't go into specifics (privacy and confidentiality etc) but it was in the area of customer satisfaction. SO proud!

When it was actually announced I was so spun out. Up on the stage I had to ask the girl next to me if I had won, I was still thinking it was some sort of cruel rouse lol.

And then shit got real.

We aren't told where we are going ahead of time. Last year was LA, Disneyland, and Vegas. Year before Hawaii. Not sure, but I think it may of been Thailand before that (before I joined the company)
So yeah, up on the stage we were and they asked the group if we would like to know where we were going.
Um yeah!

Some music started playing, and I was still so spun out that I didn't even comprehend it. Everyone started flipping out so I asked the girl next to me where we were going.
She just looked at me like I was the dumbest person ever haha.

Telling you, shit got wayyyyyy real after that.
A guy came running out dressed as the Statue of Liberty.

Then I flipped out and started crying maybe. All a blur after that haha. I do remember realising that New York, New York was playing and thinking how embarrassing for me not knowing lol.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW YORK!!!! New fucking York!!!!!!!!

The one place in the world I want to go to most. Even today, three months later I just sat back and shook my head. WTF

Flights, accommodation, food, drink, tours, and entertainment taken care of. Cray cray right?!?!

I leave in like eight days. Is nuts. So flipping excited.

That's my biggest news I wanted to share. Pretty incredible.

So whats news with y'all?

Tell me some stories.

Talk soon x

P.S
♥♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations and I am so, so, so excited for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Danielle, and thanks for reading my blog/listening to me ramble. Next time I am in your fine country I propose a coffee date x

      Delete
  2. Woohoooo! you are amazing Mel-Travis! Of course you should be the winner! I'm excited that we'll be on the same continent for a bit, even though you will be super super far still. Miss you and our fun adventures with Mrs Leah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayefriend!
      I thought of you a few times. Especially when I met up with some Canadians. Pretty keen for adventures when you're home Xx

      Delete